secret place on Earth

Monday, June 20, 2011

like a lion

hello I’m so glad to be bringing good memories of camp lions home! so I got 2 out of 3 guesses on the venues of accommodation correctly.

guess which?

.

.

.

.

.

.

2 nights at aloha changi chalet and the last night at kong meng san phor khar see monastery !

Other locations we went during the day  were sembawang park,  lower seletar reservoir, civil servant club @ changi, pasir ris park, former manjushri sec campus, esplanade park, lim chu kang park farm.

Bulk of the activities were runabout kind, the rest are motivational workshops!

I was a little intimidated when I first heard that it is a buddhist leadership camp because I was fearing that I might have to experience those electrifying or regimental kind of leadership camps again..  They were what I used to enjoy very much during my teenage years but I’m no longer interested in just leading the loudest cheer or being the most disciplined camper  -.-

camp lions was different. It encouraged us to grow from within instead of putting on a strong facade of what a leader is supposed to be, which is parallel to what lama always says- “just be a better who-you-are”. I was so glad that nobody was there to force us to behave in a certain manner…. maybe cos the participants are relatively old already.  The age group is about 16 to 20 ish.

okay i think most importantly, a leader has to be able to stand up and speak for yourself and the organisation. And in order to do so, one has to be clear-minded and believe strongly in what he is doing.

may everyone lead themselves out of their delusions and addictions!

10:02 pm