secret place on Earth

Friday, December 03, 2010

Second day at new working environment! There is going to be a week of training and I haven't been hearing anyone lecture for so long already. So I'm struggling to keep myself awake.

No internet connections at office desktops even though it's a telecommunication company.

Anyway I think the current challenge is to create more conversations with the people in my training group. All 3 of them are guys – 2 just ORD-ed, 1 just finished A levels (not from the mainstream though. Don't play play). I'm once again stuck with the people waiting to go Uni. My agent told me that I'll be with 5 other girls but this is obviously not the case. I find it so funny and awkward to be spending SO MUCH TIME with a few guys I'm meeting for the first time. It becomes funnier when these guys don't even know each other and they don't seem to click yet. So I had to say……something to make up some table topics. Well I'm glad one of them attempted to do too! You know I'm kinda introverted so I'm not very confident about such things. Not easy…but we'll try.

And these days, I've been thinking about my colleagues at Shrek breakroom. It was not like I am exceptionally close to them and there were times when I don't know what to say to some people. But there were connections, laughter and we were very comfortable. Well… that's what my relationships with most people are like anyway. Hahahha very good, I like.

This getting to know your people gonna take some time…. I'm not so worried about what my work concerns cos I believe that I should be able to catch up , even though the entire data entry system sounds so confusing to me. I'm very lousy at listening to instructions, need some time to work on it myself. And the boys seem to be much more hardworking than me. Very good.

12:20 am