secret place on Earth
Thursday, July 02, 2009
happy youth day
I'm sure everyone, regardless of their level of seniority would unanimously agree that being eighteen years old is an age that they would proudly disclose. Everyone loves to be at eighteen! Snow White was supposedly being poisoned by the apple at the age 18 cos the witch was so jealous that she had turned unbearably attractive as she grew. Cinderella got married to some handsome, young, honest, bo liao stranger who returned her a footwear!At 18, you're thought to be the most youthful (among all the other youth years), attractive, autonomous from the legal protection for the juvenile, trendy, carefree....!!!I LIKE MY 18th YEAR OF EXISTENCE TOO! not just due to the preconceived notion that it has got to be happening. Perhaps it is due to the changing context of my life in general.1. There wasn't any disturbances in my family due to my extra committment in school. In fact, this year was the most peaceful active schooling year I've had.I reckon that it's because I've devoted most of my time to my studies, instead of those extra curriculum stuff which they couldn't understand why was I so serious about them.They had caused my latecoming of home, deprivation of sleep, lethargy and partly contributed to my huge setback in my studies which hadn't quite been picked up yet.So in a way, I was in a very vulnerable position at home cos it would get get on their nerves whenever I'm more involved in anything but the academics. I had this discussion during dinner lately about my brother ironing his spf uniform late at night for his reservice. The thing is, my dad has a peeve for people getting up late at night to do activities that produces sounds and disturb his sleep so I was reminded that during my NPCC days, I always got into trouble with him cos of the ironing board, computer...etc. However, I have to stress that I didn't regret having those "extra" involvements/committments. They had made education complete. I just accepted the fact there are bound to be ups and downs in my compulsory(for me) education years. Hence, in a way, this is one of the better and peaceful years.2. Having to appease my parents successfully would mean that I have a better life ahead at home. Curfews are flexible, dinner at home gets more sumptuous, less hostility, work area isn't required to be so strictly regulated...<33. Life is like at an equilirium. The memories are sweet, future is bright. All the adults are working except for my brother (job seeking). Family still remains complete (at least my sister isn't married yet..probably this is going to last for just 2 more years).4. My social networks are gradually diverging. Not a guarantee that all my acquaintances (since childhood) are still sheltered under the Singapore's education system.The world seems to get a lil wider...Of course, I'm glad that I'm still in the education system. That defines a youth.5. It's an optimum age (age group) to experiment with serious relationships with the least interference from external factors like financial status and others...dont wanna name them. I mean the only challenge you get is probably to strike a balance between that and studies. And the breakups aren't too much of a loss when being compared to relationships at mid-adulthood. so what if your boyfriend had ditched you?!move on! cos that's happening everywhere! 6. It's time to be mentally more mature, yet mistakes committed due to inexperiences are most of the time being forgiven cos it isn't really expected of an 18 year old to be shouldering responsiblities of an adult.I'm not trying to say that it's morally acceptable to be irresponsible at this age....uhhhh...but you roughly get what I mean.okay, now I'm happy and accomplised.but strictly speaking, I'm not 18 yet but honestly, I can't be bothered about birthdays. I mean, like a few days before your birthday, you will feel less 18 meh? does the size of your mommy's womb differ very much from a few hours before the second finger strikes 12?
10:06 pm
Profile
Evina Chen
陈玉芬
22
female
teochew chinese
AB+
sun and moon in virgo,
gemini ascendant,
mercury in leo
Singapore
status: discovering
Archives
Credits