secret place on Earth

Saturday, October 06, 2007

Did I just smell of a smelly smell?

I was asking my mom and sister a while ago whether do they think that the atmospheric air smells differently at different time of the year. I really think so you know ! they thought that I'm referring to the sewage stench from the kallang river which is only approximately 300m away but no, the smell of the midnight and dawn air always seem so fresh such that I cannot help it but to exaggerate the movement of raising ripcage in order to draw in large amount of air to fill my lung capacity.

Some people doubt that my sense of smell is functioning normally because I've once commented that the staircases at Outram Park MRT station always smells of urine.

And strangely, I don't know why I'm always smelling dog poo along my way from my house to the lavender MRT station. and I swear I didnt step on any of them because I'm very cautious about the position of where my feet land on.

Unique smells are memory triggers. Some smells are just inborn as an individualistic characteristic for certain people. Eg. the friendly detergent-like smell of Alfred Putra. (lol, as much as I rmb about his smell back during the times when he was still my squad's main NCO.), Dont raise your eyebrow at me leh...I'm not the only one who notice his smell. Apparently, when he was questioned about the source of his smell, he claimed to be unaware of the smell. (is there a synonym for the word smell?) For some unfortunate cases, the smell is developed at the later stages after birth. Eg. Body Odour. I'm still uncertain about how a distinct type of smell come about for a specific group of people. I still wonder if it is due to their heredity trait or the additional things they do to their body or it is both? although sometimes, I try to convince myself that the causative factor is inheritance, just like the inborn smell I've mentioned earlier on. So that I will be more emphasising and understanding that it is not something that these people can choose not to have ! um....that is if the smell is unpleasant lar. It will be a different story if the smell is fragrant.

While the above smells are still indefinite in terms of their quality (based on the preferences of the individuals in the majority group;), there are smells that are TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE. For instance, the disgusting deodorant used by those poor smokers in our school. wah biang eh..can try to save your money on the cigarettes and cheap deodorants for the moment first , then go and buy a better deodorant that is more widely approved by the people that have to accidentally smell you ! so inconsiderate lor if you want to stink those people around you to death when you know that you can do sth about it. you know whenever the whiff of the smell enter my nostrils, I will get very irritated. WHY MUST YOU SPOIL THE BLISS OF BEING ABLE TO LIVE IN THE ODOURLESS ATMOSPHERE IN SCHOOL?

ok lar..this post is just to entertain myself after feeling so moody for the whole day. I'm so much better now . Take care everyone, especially of your sense of smell. O level Chem Practical Exam is in 5 days time.

3:50 pm