secret place on Earth

Sunday, June 17, 2007

Perak Adventures

trip to perak was such a way back into love, which is good. good choice of earworm during the trip cos that kinda song,sends fluttering butterflies sensation. you know you know?????

you know how deadly can our gastric juice get when it escapes out of the cardiac sphincter?
Bulimic victims get their oesophagus corroded due to the acid and soon, the gullet can no longer function normally.
And then it results in heartburn, whereby certain part of the spine will start to hurt.
It's really a strenuous thing for one when regurgitation has become a routine.
However, in terms of degree of conveniences, that is definitely much preferred than having diahorrea.
PLEASE GET WELL SOON PEOPLE ! I LOVE YOU !!!! ( they're not bulimic, was just stating an example. fyi, their conditions have not been diagnosed yet )

ytd, I've spent 1h 45 mins on scrubbing my 1 week old shoes.
I cleaned it in 2 main phases.
the first one is using detergent: it removes most of the dirt but not those that are carefully stucked in the layers of fibres.
then guess what? I added a mixture of shampoo, conditioner, cream shower (dove one leh !)
and they really help !
don't worry if u've gotten a lil more tanned than before, ure still being loved by me. hahaha...
I've learnt that you gotta be meticulous with every scrub, even the direction must not be alternating esp. for this type of shoes with so many complicated fibrous looking layers.
So now it looks perfectly seasoned and clean! =D

if ure thinking that I must be very stupid to bring along the newbie to an underdeveloped and rural place, logically speaking, ure right but I don't quite agree with you. LOL ! nvm..it's not very impt anyway.
I wore that on the first day,not expecting any muddy encounters but no..... when everyone was so happy to get wet and having their legs mud-smothered at the waterfall. probably due to the extremely long bus ride and people became very excited upon seeing something in so much contrast.

on that day itself, we transferred to the village that lies somewhere in the core of the forest via a lorry. I tell you, that kinda atmosphere can never be experienced once again in any hustling city.
I didn't admire that very much at that point of time as I wasn't feeling quite well (mentally). Nevertheless, I'll still try to reminisce here. okay, lemme start from when everyone had just alighted our coach.
We all stood at a roadside, feeling quite apprehensive. That area housed very minute population.....(in fact I didn't see any or maybe i wasn't observant enough).
Lydia raised her voice a lil, trying to get us off from obstructing the coridors of the houses
Then had I started noticing the residences- with no specific architecture and particular organisation. I took a glimpse into one of them that was dimly lit with red altar lights which can barely penetrate through the dinning room. It seemed vacant though..
Then came the lorry, belched for a second after loaded. It then zestfully brushed against the branches while the dews from the canopies fell on us. This was vivid as the exhaust of the lorry had awfully blended with the lush and humidity.

Who says that staying overnight in a village has got to be a bad experience?
It's not when 3 good meals are provided everyday !!!
and at the very least there was no disrupted supply of water , except when too many ppl are using the tap concurrently.

I shall not elaborate much on the activities we've done. esp. on the 2nd and 3rd day cos yea..you may just get sick of it in case u've read the recount of those who've went already.
In conclusion, we've attempted white water rafting, caving (one of m'sia's biggest cave aka communist cave lol & bat cave), abseiling, rock climbing, high rope obstacles.
yes ! all of them are au naturale , maybe cept for high rope.
yea but you see, it kinda posts a trivial problem when it's not man-made.
You may be having physical contact with unpleasant biological substances such as fungus, faeces, vectors...etc. unknowingly or negligibly.

You know I've realised that Malaysian Malays are quite fond of asking people how old are they. I've been questioned for 4 -5 times already by them and a caucasian, Claude. ( pronounced as cleo-ed) He is a canadian who had stayed in M'sia for only 4 months and is able to speak pretty fluent malay. Now he is an instructor in Normad Adventure. I think the deepest impression he had left me was how he flew off the raft that hidayah and me and 2 other ncc guys shared when we took the killer course.

Maybe departing Perak was not approving of the omnipotent, HAHA. mishaps had happened on the very night.
The 7th lvl of the 3 star hotel was chaotic. good thing that I attended to the right person in the right room.

2:29 pm