secret place on Earth

Monday, August 21, 2006

Sec 2 & 3 combined ATC 2006 for area 16 had just ended ytd.
This year, i'm glad to say that i have better groupmates as compared to last yr's, there was no confusing tentage numbers and no posers.
eugene maurice nasi rudin and me were the only new towners in group 5.

ok hm...where shld i start?
i really enjoyed myself during the campfire. * Zzz i always type campcraft uncontrollably.
although, i gt separated from both my grp and unit and was sandwiched in between hongyang, my grpmate and a rv guy from another grp.
This campfire night is the coolest one of all the other campfires i've attended.
bcos firstly, the theme was national day so we sang national day theme songs . I love Singapore patriotic songs !
and secondly, there were really entertaining activities during the campfire night. Such as the pepsi twist give- away and project runway. Unlike the past campfires with a standard format: grp performances and singing campfire songs.
and for the first time, i couldnt bear to leave the amphitheatre when the campfire was declared over.
I hope this campfire night will inspire whoever that is going to be in charge of this yr's AC campfire. =)

I must also mention about the sentry duty. Due to the infestation on the ants in my tentage, my tentmates and I were separated and we headed towards whichever tent we want for the second night. so I joined Cheer Huay and Bernice's tentmates for their sentry duty and HOHOHOHOHOHO ! we were late for our sentry duty for 10 mins and the CI- in charge is JIAHONG !!! WAS SO NICE! We sat at the foyer and chit chatted for the whole 45 mins. hehehhe...!!!

I had also realised that we bonded with our groupmates naturally through the activities even without ice-breakers.
Was it only applicable for my group or the credits should have gone to the planning of the activities?
I oso understood that every minute that was spent in the camp was fruitful even under time constraints.
and although this might sound incredible but none of the campers were punished in any form throughout the non-regimental camp, yet it seems that everyone was so obedient !
WHY IS THIS SO?

yay.
i WAS so happy until i woke up on the bus upon reaching new town sec ytd afternoon.
now i'm back to school with the takeaways from the campsite ( antbites, sandflies bites, mosquitoes bites, rope burns, blisters, canfood, contacts, memories & lessons ).





5:07 pm